Written by : Shirley Smith
Varicose vein is not a very unique health issue. Most of the people suffer from it at some point of time. The word varicose is actually derived form the Latin word ‘varix’. Varix means twisted. When the veins get twisted they are called varicose veins. It happens when veins are weak.
Let us have a look at the function of veins. It will make it easier for us to understand why and when varicose is caused and how it can be treated.
Veins carry impure blood from various parts of the body to the heart. However when veins become weak they are unable to carry the impure blood to the heart. They flow it back which results in congestion.
Varicose vein can occur in any part of the body. It is not restricted to any single part. But in most of the cases, the legs get affected easily. Various things can cause varicose vein. Some of the common causes include obesity, pregnancy, lack of exercise and long standing hours.
Varicose vein is not a very serious health issue and the good news is that you can treat it at home. If you wish to know what are the home remedies for varicose vein keep on reading this article. The home remedies are listed below.
* Have carrot and spinach juice on a regular basis. Combine 200ml of spinach juice with 300ml of carrot juice. This is one of the most effective ways of treating varicose veins.
* Vitamin C and E are also very effective in treating varicose veins. Taking 1200 mg vitamin E and 3000 mg vitamin C on a daily basis.
* You can stay on fruit diet for a couple of days. Have fruits juice and whole fruits for two to three days and you will get magical result. Thereafter you should have a balanced diet including seeds, grains, raw vegetables, nuts and fresh fruits. This is one of the easiest home remedy for varicose veins.
* Another good home remedy is warm water enema. It helps to clean the bowels and cure varicose veins.
* You can also take Epsom salt bath twice a week and you will be relieved quickly.
* Apply apple cider vinegar twice a day to the varicose veins. Apply the oil in the morning and in the evening on a daily basis. This helps veins to shrink back to their original size.
* Mix fuller earth powder with water to make a paste. Now apply this mudpack on the varicose veins. Leave it overnight and rinse off with water in the morning.
If your situation has become worse and you feel it can not be treated at home, it is better to count on a doctor. If you live in South Florida, finding a Varicose Vein Treatment center is not that difficult. Just go online and search with Varicose Vein Treatment South Florida and you will come to know about various centers.
You can also search Yellow Pages or ask your friends or neighbors for reference. However if your problem is not severe, following the home remedies will help you to fight this health issue.
About the author: Garry Goldsmith is a health care expert. His suggestions and tips on varicose vein problems are highly recommendable. For more information on Varicose Vein Treatment South Florida he suggests you to visit http://www.drnavarro.com
Article Source: http://www.article-biz.com/shirlmith/