One of the most effective ways I've found for gout relief is baking soda. And it can work quickly to relievegout symptoms. Here's how to get gout relief with baking soda.
Baking soda -- bicarbonate of soda -- is a favoured home remedy of many gout sufferers who want to gout relief using natural home remedies rather than drugs with their many side effects.
But even if you don't go along the totally natural route for gout relief, baking soda can help drug-based NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) reduce inflammation and relieve pain even better.
The benefits of using baking soda for gout relief are numerous...
(1) Helps to increase fluids through the body and so helps your kidneys to process and flush excess uric acid out of your system more effectively.
(2) As was said above it can help NSAIDs do their job even more effectively.
(3) Improves uric acid solubility which again helps your kidneys flush uric acid out of your system better.
(4) Helps to dissolve uric acid crystals and so speeds up your recovery.
(5) Raises your blood pH which we know helps to lower your risk of getting kidney stones with frequently recurring gout.
And it's very easy to prepare...
Simply add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to 8 oz of water and stir very thoroughly. Drink a glass like this just before bedtime, 1 on getting up in the morning and then 1 glass every 2 or 4 hours between meals. Repeat daily until your gout symptoms have gone away.
Watch out though..
(1) Never consume more than 4 teaspoons of baking soda per day, i.e. 8 glasses.
(2) Since baking soda is very high in sodium, it's best to go on to a salt-free diet while taking this remedy. Certainly don't add salt to your food to taste.
(3) If you suffer from high blood pressure consult with your doctor first before trying this remedy. Only use it if your doctor gives his approval.
I have found this particular home remedy to be very effective, but, it only works to relieve the symptoms of gout obviously. It can't prevent actual gout attacks from occurring.
And this is a critical point, because recurring gout attacks can lead eventually to things like permanently damaged joints and kidney problems. Plus, did you know that once having had an attack you're very likely indeed to have more?
In other words, you need to get gout relief, yes, but you also need to make sure that the gout doesn't keep returning...
So next, if you want to get fast gout relief, plus, prevent your gout returning in the future, then go tohttp://gout-relief-today.blogspot.com and discover how you can quickly do both without expensive drugs with their horrible side effects.