The oil collects in the pores, resulting in tiny white bumps. These are called white heads. When white heads confront dirt, smoke, dust and pollution, they get oxidized to form blackheads.
Actually the melanin gets oxidized to lend the blackheads, their typical black color.
Blackheads occur in regions that are very oily and protrude out of the skin surface as minute black bumps. Not only sebum but also dead skin clogs the skin pores.
The skin looks ugly with too much of blackheads. Blackheads are common among teenagers. At puberty, oil glands become activated and produce more sebum that clogs the skin pores.
Insufficient cleaning of skin results in blackheads. It is better to take professional assistance while removing blackheads. In beauty parlors, experts follow a step by step procedure for removal of blackheads.
If it is done without proper care and knowledge, the removal can be quite painful, and may leave scars and abrasions on skin.
Home Remedies for Blackheads
1. One may apply warm honey on blackheads, leave it for 10 minutes. This softens the deposits on the pores and allows easy removal.
2. Using bitter gourd as a scrubber is a useful way for blackheads removal.
3. One may apply a mask of oatmeal, almond powder and rose water. This mask is to be kept for half an hour and then rinsed off. This will allow easy squeezing out of blackheads.
4. One may boil a glass of water with half teaspoon Epsom salt and few drops of iodine. Once the solution is cooled, it may be used to dab on blackheads. This will loosen pores and allow a painless removal.
5. One may steam the face for 40 minutes. This will open up the pores. The next step would be massaging the blackheads rich region with tea tree oil. This allows smooth removal of blackheads.
6. Applying a mask of fuller's earth or bentonite clay is an excellent treatment for blackheads. It would clean the clogged pores by absorbing the excess oil.
7. Blackheads can also be treated by means of a face wash made by adding 4-5 drops of lime juice to a glass of boiled milk.
8. One may also apply a mask made out of the paste of fresh fenugreek leaves. It has to be left on the skin for 15-20 minutes, and then washed. This is an effective cure for blackheads.
9. Beaten egg white may be applied on the skin. This treatment too drags out oil and deposits from congested pores.
10. One may make a scrubber by mixing salt, honey and lemon juice. Scrubbing the blackheads rich regions with this home-made scrubber exfoliates and effectively cleans the skin pores.
Read more about Home Remedies for Blackheads.
Also know effective Home Remedies for Stress. Read useful Home Remedies for Nasal Congestion.