2012-07-11

Alexander Technique

by Sharon Hopkins -

The Alexander Technique is a method that works to change habits or movements in everyday activities. F. Matthias Alexander was an Australian who is accredited with inventing this therapy. He originally developed the Alexander Technique as a method of vocal training for singers and actors in the 1890s.

It is a simple and practical method for improving ease and freedom of movement, balance, support and coordination. The technique teaches the use of the appropriate amount of effort for a particular activity, giving more energy for all activities.

The Alexander Technique is a method, which helps a person to discover a new balance in the body by releasing unnecessary tension. Alexander Technique is the art and science of 'using' oneself better.

The Alexander Technique provides a concrete means for overcoming impeding habits, and for helping people learn better and do things more freely -- from learning to play a musical instrument better to moving with more comfort and ease through daily life. From back pain to learning blocks, whether for a musician or an office worker, Alexander lessons remain fundamentally the same.

The Alexander Technique, however, is not a therapy that treats a passive patient. It is for the person interested in working towards his or her goals with increased awareness and practical intelligence.

Although the Alexander Technique does not treat specific symptoms, you can encourage a marked improvement in overall health, alertness, and performance by consciously eliminating harmful habits that cause physical and emotional stress, and by becoming more aware of how you engage in activities.

The technique has many applications in the office. Some of these are simple and straightforward: how to sit at your desk for long periods without backache, how to use a computer without suffering from stiff shoulders or wrist pain, and of course general stress relief and improved self-confidence. Even simple advice on posture will help with some of these things.

Alexander Technique in its advanced stages has some interesting applications in areas like communication, negotiation and leadership. Even dancing provides many interesting opportunities for applying the Alexander Technique.

Here, again, it has an important function in injury prevention, but there are also other benefits: in the more creative forms of dance it can prevent mannerisms and open the way out of habitual movement patterns and aid in the exploration of new ways of moving. In the dance forms where predetermined patterns are repeated the technique may help to enhance the quality of movement and coordination.


Sharon Hopkins contributes content on Massage Health Therapy and Aromatherapy regularly to energize and heal your mind and body.

Article Source: Sustainable Living Articles

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger: Organic Room - Post a Comment
longchamp

wbfv

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are genuinely good thing if you are not understanding something totally, but this piece of
writing gives fastidious understanding even.

Feel free to surf to my webpage :: Browsing For A Tractor

Anonymous said...

I am genuinely happy to read this web site posts which includes tons of useful information,
thanks for providing these kinds of statistics.


my website :: citatih

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this website,
and article is genuinely fruitful in favor of me, keep up
posting such articles or reviews.

Also visit my page; tempat outbound

Anonymous said...

Great web site. A lot of useful info here. I am sending it to a few friends ans also sharing
in delicious. And of course, thanks for your
effort!

Check out my web-site :: outbound bogor

Anonymous said...

I got this web page from my pal who told me about this
site and now this time I am browsing this site and reading
very informative articles or reviews at this time.


Check out my website outbound bogor

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful article. Thank you for providing this info.


Also visit my webpage ... tempat outbound

Anonymous said...

Hello just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly.
I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.


Feel free to surf to my blog :: green canyon

Anonymous said...

First off I would like to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question that I'd
like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing.

I've had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there.
I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10
to 15 minutes are usually wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips?
Many thanks!

Here is my page: paket wisata pahawang